Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 11 - Eid! (10th of Dhul Hijjah)

Eid Mubarak!

Today, I thought of Eid back home. Watching Maariyah, Junayd, Ameera, Zaid and Rashid open up presents. Calling my mom, dad, Amereen and Shakereen and saying Eid Mubarak. Calling my Nani to wish her Eid Mubarak and instead, having her make dua for me the whole time we are on the phone masha Allah.

But here in the tents of Mina, I slept. I slept and slept and slept. Except for the brief intervals of wudu, salah or meals, I slept like I ran a marathon the day before.

And if I felt that way, what about others?

I'm one of the youngest people in our group. Alhamdulillah, I have all my senses, my youth, my limbs, my financial advantages, etc, and sometimes, I feel overwhelmed by the enormity of Hajj. And yet, there's the blind hafiz of the Quran, the elderly woman who's every step sends a shooting pain up her leg, the parents who've brought their 10 month old daughter, the adult child who pushes his disabled father in a wheelchair, the brother who is deaf and mildly autistic, I could go on and on subhan Allah.

Surely, their journeys have greater challenges, but they seem to persevere and thrive masha Allah. Indeed, their reward must be great. Not only for overcoming their perceived disadvantage, but for inspiring the rest of us to appreciate the ease that Allah has provided us.

At night, there was a special Eid dinner before we would leave to make our tawaf-ul Ifadah with Dr Muneer. We left Mina at midnight and returned at 9am the next morning.

We were out of ihram.

No comments:

Post a Comment